1. Don't shout at a person with a hearing
loss - it is humiliating and distorts the articulation (mouth).
2. Speak clearly and at a slightly slower pace.
3. Don't cover your mouth, chew food or smoke while talking.
4. Use short and simple sentences.
5. Rephrase if you are not understood.
6. Remember, only 8 of the 26 letters of the alphabet can be seen on the
PS: Do you want to learn sign language?
Download SignGenius now.
7. Use facial expressions that correspond with what you are saying.
8. Use simple gestures to emphasize words.
9. Give clues when changing the subject.
10. Write if necessary.