1. First get the attention of the person
by touching him/her lightly on the shoulder, upper arm or by waving your
2. Always maintain eye contact while communicating. The moment you look
away or look over the person's shoulder, the conversation is interrupted.
3. Ask how the person would like to communicate.
4. Avoid communication in the dark or in dim light.
5. Avoid background noise when communicating with a person who uses a
6. The best distance for one-on-one communication is one to two meters
PS: Do you want to learn sign language?
Download SignGenius now.